Justin's HIV Journal

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Justin's HIV Journal: World AIDS Day 2013 HIV/AIDS PSA



I decided to do a little PSA for World AIDS Day 2013. I don't know how I got the idea to even try to pull this off but I tried. The only thing I wish people would take from this is to know your HIV status. It's very hard to want to know your status but the sooner you do the better. Whether it is HIV positive or negative it will be alright. At least now you can take the precautions or continue to take the precautions that you need to protect yourself and others from the HIV virus.

I've had many friends pass away and today I really remember then and take a moment to sit by myself and ask why did they have to leave this earth so young? I know it's not my fault and I don't feel survivor's guilt at all, but I feel for the world. The world will not know the wonders that many of my friends that have passed away from HIV/AIDS complications could give to it and to their own communities.

Today a lot of people would think that I am out going to a World AIDS Day event, but today I stayed home with my husband and my son. I looked at him today thinking, "man oh man I hope that he is listening to my message and better yet learning from it. I hope that he knows how much I love him and understand why I do, what I do. It is because of him and his friends that I hope for the future and I will do my best, even if it takes my last breath

FOLLOW JUSTIN'S HIV JOURNAL