This is a rapidly evolving situation and the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) will provide updates as they become available.
COVID-19 Testing and Confirmed Case Counts in Maryland
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap & water.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice good health habits.
Guidance for people who recently traveled to China
- Guidance for travelers from other parts of China (outside Hubei Province) in the past 14 days includes:
- If you have fever, cough, or trouble breathing: CDC staff at the airport will evaluate you for illness. You will be taken to a medical facility for further evaluation and care. You may not be able to complete your travel itinerary.
- If you do not have symptoms: You will be allowed to reach your final destination. After arrival at your final destination, you will be asked to monitor your health for a period of 14 days from the time you left China. You will receive a health information card that tells you what symptoms to look for and what to do if you develop symptoms. During that time, you should stay home and limit interactions with others as much as possible. Your state or local health department will contact you for further follow up.
- Guidance for travelers from the Hubei Province, and other resources for returning travelers are available on the CDC Information for Travelers website.