Justin's HIV Journal

Monday, March 12, 2012

Justin's HIV Journal: "Write A Letter to HIV Campaign!!!"



Hello, I'm Justin B. Terry-Smith. I was infected with HIV in 2005 and diagnosed in 2006. I've decided to write a letter expressing my feelings about HIV and I'm asking YOU to join me.

You can be HIV negative or positive; this letter is meant to encourage and empower. If you're infected or affected by HIV, I'm asking that you write a letter and then videotape yourself reading the letter aloud. It helps sometimes to get your feelings out, whether you've been recently diagnosed or have been living with HIV for a long period of time.

I'm asking everyone -- including my fellow bloggers here at TheBody.com and others that don't have a blog -- to join me in this campaign, "My Letter to HIV." Check out my letter and video for an example. If you don't want to make a video you don't have to; a simple letter will suffice. You can also send a picture of yourself. Entries will be posted in a series on this article page.

Send your letters and video links to mylettertohiv@gmail.com.

PLEASE JOIN ME IN EMPOWERING YOURSELVES IN THIS FIGHT AGAINST HIV/AIDS!

FOLLOW JUSTIN'S HIV JOURNAL