Justin's HIV Journal

Friday, December 10, 2010

Justin's HIV Journal: HIV/AIDS Questions & Answers from George Mason Uni...

Justin's HIV Journal: HIV/AIDS Questions & Answers from George Mason U Students

Hello everyone

Another World AIDS Day has come and gone. This year was a little different for me. I was actually asked to speak at George Mason University about HIV/AIDS. I was soooo scared about speaking in front of them. I must admit it had been a long time since I had spoken at a college. So before I made my way to George Mason University I had many thoughts going through my head. I had hoped the students would like me and most of all listen to me. So in the car on the way there I had made notes, my husband said, “Don’t worry about it, you’re a natural. You will do fine”. Well I’m a skeptic on some things so I didn’t believe it.

I have always enjoyed speaking at schools. I had always told myself that I wouldn’t turn a school away unless it interfered with my 9-5 job. Speaking at George Mason University revitalized the energy that I needed to speak at colleges again.

One of the most rewarding things from speaking at George Mason was the students. Relating to them and their energy was an awesome feeling. I was only really supposed to speak for about 1 hour and I ended up speaking for about 2 hours. It was so amazing that I didn’t want to stop speaking to the students.
SO WITH THE STUDENTS MY FAVORITE PART WAS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS WE HAD A BALL IT WAS FUN AND INFORMATIVE CHECK IT OUT


FOLLOW JUSTIN'S HIV JOURNAL