Justin's HIV Journal

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Justin’s HIV Journal: Medco Pharmacy Gets Your HIV Medication in the Mail


Hello Everyone:

As most of you know getting your HIV Medication is an expensive, but with a Medco it can be a little less than going to your neighborhood pharmacy.




Right now I’m on Norvir, Truvada and Reyataz which is a good combination for me it seems to be working well. But getting my medication is harder than it sounds. My HIV medication cost around $1800.00 dollars. When I lived in Baltimore and worked in the medical field I had Blue Choice Medical Insurance that didn’t cover as much as I needed. My medications then cost me about $250.00 dollars. So when I moved to Laurel, Maryland and got a job with the Federal Government I chose Blue Cross Blue Shield. No that helped me a lot my medication cost me about $225.00 dollars, but that still wasn’t enough.


I needed my medication to be less expensive than that.


So then my friend Brian Moore told me about Medco and how you can be sent your medication in the mail. I never knew that a person could get their medications in the mail, least of all for HIV. So I went to the Medco website registered and filled out one of their online forms. I then faxed the form to my doctor and he faxed it with my prescriptions to Medco Pharmacy. I got my medications in about a 10 business days.


BUT that’s NOT the best part. I got 90 days worth of Norvir, Truvada and Reyataz and it cost me $65.00 a prescription. So $65.00 x 3 = $195.00 which will last me 3 months. It’s amazing.


Mind you it takes about a week to process especially for first time users of the pharmacy. I wanted to make sure EVERYONE knew about this service just in case they wanted to use it for HIV or any other medications they had.

1 comment:

jon said...

Justin I have to tell you that since you've been married there is this wonderful glow on your face.You've always looked good anyway.Iam very happy for you and your partner and wish you both a lifetime together.

FOLLOW JUSTIN'S HIV JOURNAL